Monday, November 2, 2009

Yeah, here's to living in the moment.

Unlike the mediocre ones, today was a good day.

It all started off with me finishing my book "Her Fearful Symmetry" by Audrey Niffenegger. In all, it was a good read but definitely WEIRD. I have mixed feelings about it, but I think I liked it.

Then, I met up with James and we headed to Chez Cora for some bonding time and an amazing breakfast. After basically rolling ourselves out of the restaurant, we made a pit stop at Starbucks to see if Chris was working, and he was! Free coffee is always appreciated, but it was seeing him that made the trip worth while! (Especially for James who hadn't seen him in over a month)

Then I headed to Math class, with a knot in my stomach. I knew that I was getting my midterm mark and man was I nervous. You know when you do an exam and you know that you failed it? Yeah, that kinda feeling. I had no doubt in my mind that I had done horribly on the test. I was prepared for the fail, and I was okay with it. When I received my grade, I couldn't believe it. I was completely gob-smacked. It was like I had just won the lottery. I got an A+ (93%) on the exam... no big deal! Hahaha. I guess all those ridiculous answers that I had come up with were actually right. I loved the feeling. I felt like I had accomplished something.

THEN, I met up with James again! We were chatting about my exam when we got attacked by Jenia. It was the most random experience of life, but seriously added to my happy day. I hadn't seen her in... MONTHS? I couldn't believe it! We went to Tim Horton's for a quick catch up before we headed our separate ways. It was really nice to see her! <3

The train ride home was a riot. From dancing in our seats to Faber Drive's song "G-Get Up and Dance" to making fun of each other, James and I spent the whole time laughing. I don't know what I would do without this kid on Mondays and Wednesdays, he keeps me company and I always have a smile on my face when I'm around him.

Today was a good day. What will tomorrow bring?

No comments: