Monday, November 16, 2009

I can't remember when the earth turned slowly...


I found myself looking through my photos again on Facebook. I like to do that sometimes, just go through old albums and reminisce about amazing memories that I've had with even better people. The thing is, looking back on those photographs, I get quite sad.

During the nine months that I was off school, I had tremendous freedom. I had never worked full time and had never experienced this care-free lifestyle before. It was new and exciting. I must admit though, once the nine months was coming to an end and University was my next challenge, I was quite excited. Looking back on it though, I really do miss the life that I had before school started up. Don't get me wrong, I love being in school and I adore all the opportunities I have been offered by being at JMSB... I just miss it. I don't even know how to describe the feeling, it's weird.

I feel like the world is passing me by, in a blur and I feel disconnected from certain friends because I don't see them as often as I would if I were not in school. I find myself refusing plans or seeing my family less because I have homework to do. I sometimes feel like a bad person because school has become my priority. I find myself missing people even if I had just seen them. I spend a lot of my time alone with music as my only companion. I'm not deprived, I mean I do see people once or twice a week, but it's not like before.
I want to pack my bags and go on vacation; I want to do things!

Getting back to school has been quite the shock for me since I was used to a certain lifestyle for almost a year. I used to wake up in the morning and think "what am I going to do today?" Now, I am up at 5:45am to catch a train, metro and go to school. I think it's the routine that's bugging me the most.

Time is ticking, and I can't keep up with it. For now though, I just have to embrace what I have, do well in my studies and look forward to summer vacation. New memories will be made, and a new photo album will be created to keep me going through the next school year.

No comments: