Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Late Night Blog Post

It all boils down to one question... what am I doing wrong?

Exhibit A: Love Life. Epic Fail.
I can honestly say that I am probably the only girl my age that has never had opportunity to be in a relationship with someone. Yeah sure, I've had my high school crushes, but it stops there. Most people tell me "don't worry about it! Your turn is soon, and when it happens he'll be here to stay." Yeah well, you know what I have to say to that? Prove it. I don't know what it's like to have butterflies in my stomach when I see "him". I've never heard the words "I like you." It's quite a sad thought...

Exhibit B: Friends. They are sweet, while I am bitter.
Sometimes I feel like I wouldn't have any friends if I didn't play "the chasing game." It's a very rare thing to receive a phone call asking me how I am doing, or what I am up to. Most of the time I have to fit myself in other people's schedules because they are busy with other things. Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming them for having more of an exciting life than I am, but don't leave me in the dark. I love the people in my life, and I wouldn't change my group of friends for anything but sometimes I feel like a handbag: goes with some outfits, but otherwise won't be worn.

Exhibit C: Physical Appearance. Love handles are not lovely
Will power, non existent. Confidence, invisible. Food, eaten in moderation but seems to be sticking to me like glue no matter what. I wish I could practice what Mika sings "Big Girls You Are Beautiful." Yeah...ok.

Exhibit D: School Work Who knew? University = Stress?
I have become a professional Homework Hermit. Yup, that's me! I feel like homework is consuming my life and eating away at my freedom. There is so much that I wish I could do instead of cramming useless Microeconomics theories into my brain. Hard work does pay off, and I am getting good grades but I know deep down... I can do better.

So where does all this ranting bring me? I don't know. There isn't much that I can do about my current situation but look into fate's eyes and go with it.

No comments: