Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Ugly Duckling

It's one thing to feel ugly, but another to be told that you need to start making changes because "you've gained a lot of weight." I had the pleasure of getting this speech from my father this morning, and although his intentions were encouraging, he definitely succeeded at making me feel like a pile of shit.

I guess in a sense he's right.
I need to start proving him wrong.

He brought up the fact that I am getting older and that I still haven't had a boyfriend.
He brought up the fact that I have a heart murmur and that it's not good for my health.
He brought up the fact that heart disease and heart attacks run in our family.

He made me feel horrible. I didn't say anything back.
Who knew that a rice crispy square could cause such controversy. Might I add, that it's still in the wrapper... I couldn't stomach to look at it after that lecture.

What a great way to start my vacation...

No comments: