Friday, July 25, 2008

To be loved...what more could you ask for?


Getting together with friends should be prescribed as a medication world-wide. I know that sounds random, and a little out there but this past week has been filled with amazing memories with my best friends, and I couldn't have asked for better. It doesn't happen often but Mel and James had the same days off work this week so we decided to take advantage of those two days to hang out.

On Tuesday we took a car ride to Carrefour Laval while singing at the top of our lungs to some of our favorite songs. I think we listened to About a Girl by The Academy Is... about 10 times before we got home. Anyway, we spent the day shopping and spending our weekly paychecks, had lunch, very filling milkshakes and then headed back to Pincourt to pick up our missing puzzle piece, Alex. We then headed for a quick supper at Tim Hortons, where he managed to get a free sandwich, and then made our way into the madness of "Cheapy Tuesday's" at the Colisée. I don't think I've ever seen so many people waiting in line at the box office, it was seriously a fire-hazard. We went and saw Batman: The Dark Knight (for the second time, on my part)and it was even better the second time. Jenia, at some points, was scared out of her wits and almost ripped my arm off, but it was all worth it! I might even have to see the movie a third time since I promised Kevan that I would go and see it with him...wow, 7.5 hours of Batman, how sad.

Yesterday (Thursday), I got together with the gang again and we spent most of our time hanging out in Melissa's basement where we created a giant bed on the floor. We wanted the movie Seven (one of the best movies I have ever seen!) starring Brad Pitt (Melissa's one-of-many Husbands) and Morgan Freeman (Jenia's Grandpa hahaha). We made pizza for supper, enjoyed each others company and ended the night laughing hysterically while taking tons of useless and often embarassing pictures. We may have gotten a couple of good shots in there, but most of them are black-mail
worthy.

I can't believe that I only have a couple of days left of my vacation, and then I am back to reality. It's okay though, although the two weeks have gone by fast I have had a great time. For once in my life, I have managed to keep myself busy during the summer. Most summers I spend my time wondering if I have friends, or if they care. This summer has been the complete opposite. I know who my friends are, and I know that they are here to stay. I have been spending a lot of time lately with this foursome, and I couldn't be more lucky to have them in my life. <3

I will be updating again soon to give a mini-recap of my two weeks off and what's to come... stay tuned Jenia & Mel, I know you guys are the only ones that read this. hahaha

2 comments:

Jenia said...

AW. I LOVE YOU!!!! I had the most amazing week with you nutcases. Another date soon? Thanks. I'm going to put up the pictures within the hour. There's a lot though so get ready. I'm only going to put a few up on fb. The rest I'll e-mail in a folder to you guys..and I'm including that ONE TWO F*** YOU video.

p.s I totally lol'ed at the morgan freeman reference. what an awesome old man.

melissa said...

lmfao... yes he is one of my many husbands even though he is currently taking care of his 18 children with Angelina Jolie. Boo.
Tonight should be fun! Yes, this summer has definitely been amazing