Monday, January 3, 2011

TWO ZERO ONE ONE

I've had these ideas brewing in my head for the last couple of days, but I really wanted to be sure before I posted them on my blog. I don't understand why people tend to think that New Years Resolutions are impossible...I mean, indirectly, we all set goals for ourselves- but I guess whether we choose to keep them or not, is a different story. I've heard so many people say "I don't have any resolutions this year because I know that I'll give up on them after the first week." Well maybe that should be a resolution- to be driven and actually accomplish something that you want. That way, when you look back on 2011 you can say "Yup, I did it."

Here are some goals that I have for 2011 (ELEVEN GOALS FOR 2011):
1) Continue to live a healthy lifestyle and hopefully reach my goal weight by the beginning of summer. If that's the case, I have about 40lbs to lose. I'm feeling fat just thinking about it haha!

2) SCHOOLschoolSCHOOLschool: Put some "B+"s and "A"s on my transcript & Make the switch into BComm (Finance major)

3) Participate in the 'Run for the Cure' (Oct 2, 2011); Run the 5km in under 30mins

4)Go on a road trip somewhere in the U.S. to see a concert. (I'm sure Mel, Jenia and Jenn would be up for it...Am I right,ladies?)

5) Be spontaneous and book a last minute vacation

6) Save more money! I make approximately $220/week, where is all my money going?!

7) Read at least 20 books. (I read 15 books last year) One of the books has to be written in Greek. Also, read newspapers/magazines more often to keep up with what's going on in the (business)world.

8) Learn how to play Konstantine on the piano (Thanks for the awesome gift, Mel <3 )

9) Tell people how I feel. Whether it be when I'm upset by something, or to tell them that I love them. I tend to bottle-up my emotions...It's time to pop the cork on this bottle. Remember to smile big, and mean it.

10) Spend a day being a tourist in my own city; Visit a museum, go for dinner at a restaurant I've never been to, stay in a hotel, do things I haven't done before

11) ________ (blank) Let's see what I'll fill this blank with at the end of the year.

No comments: