Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

At the beginning of last year I made a list of ten goals that I wanted to accomplish through out the year. Lets see how I did...

1) Achieve my goal weight and feel confident (Celebrate with Kay once we achieve our goals.) Keep up a work out routine and food regimen. Don't give up on myself.
I think I've done a pretty good job at keeping this resolution up. Although I haven't achieved my goal weight, I am about half way there. This year has been a struggle weight-wise. I guess you can say I would "yo-yo" from time to time, juggling 5-10lbs that would disappear and come back. I'm feeling a breakthrough for this year though, and I don't need anyone to celebrate with. I started this journey with Katlynne, and that fell through, leaving me to do it on my own. And you know what? That's how it should be done. I've realized that I have to do this for myself and no one else. I want to be able to look myself in the mirror come summer and be happy with the way I look. It's gonna happen, I promise.

2) Do well in school and be proud of the grades that I get; Work towards a 4.0 GPA
Oh school, we really do have a love-hate relationship. I love what I am studying but once exams come around, I hate the stress that school causes. I didn't get that 4.0GPA that I wanted, nor will I ever, but I am proud of what I have accomplished because I know that I have given it my best shot. I have a year and a half left and I am really going to work hard at getting my grades up to at least a B average.

3) Do some volunteer work. Get involved in the lives of others. Complete at least five good deeds. Enrich the life of a stranger.
I did quite a bit of volunteer work this year. When I decided to get involved in the Weekend to End Women's Cancers, I organized a ton of events and raised $2700 for the foundation. As for the five good deeds, here they are:
1) Helping a blind man cross the street downtown
2) Bagging a $250 grocery order for a customer in a wheelchair and then bringing it to their car
3) Helping an overweight woman with her bags while she climbed the stairs
4) Buying a homeless man a donut from Tim Hortons
5) Giving $5 to a supposed movie producer. He apparently lost his wallet and needed money for a cab. I'm pretty sure this was a scam, but whatever, I did it anyway.

4) Travel to places that I have never seen. Do things that I have never done before in each place that I visit.
Downtown Toronto- Went to the Something Corporate reunion concert
Camping at Voyageur Park
Las Vegas

5) Help Melissa complete at least 5 of her goals (ex: Give blood, Go back to NYC, Watch a sunrise, Sleep under the stars, Go dancing, etc.)
I'm actually quite upset that I didn't get to help her accomplish any of these goals...I am definitely going to give it my best shot this year though, and see where I can join her.
I did overcome my fear of giving blood this year though... I finally did it, and donated. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and I am so proud of myself for doing it! Also, my blood type is O-, the rarest type there is.

6)Spend my 21st birthday with my best friends
I definitely did this! For my birthday this year, I went out for dinner at Mio Vino (which no longer exists hahaha) and then to 737. It was so great to be surrounded by all of my groups of friends, I had such a memorable night.

7) Get a team together, raise $2000 each, and participate in the Weekend to End Breast Cancer (60km walk in two days)
DONE! It was such an unforgettable experience. Despite the blisters, sore-feet and heatstroke that my teammates experienced, we raised almost $9000 for the foundation. I was so inspired throughout the whole weekend, and it was fantastic to share it with Melissa, Ariella and Mandy. I am so proud of us!

8)Spend less and save more (Start- Vacation Account: $600.56, University Account: $8032.70)
I spent quite a bit, but I did stick to my word and save. This year I emptied my vacation account for my Vegas vacation, and I spent $3800 from my University account. Today, in my ING account I have $1200 in my Vacation savings and $6000 in my University account! Which means that I saved $3568 this year, not too bad, but it could be better.

9)Buy a camera (don't break it or get it stolen) and take tons of pictures
Honestly, I should consider a career as a member of a paparazzi. I always have my camera on me and I am constantly taking pictures. I wouldn't have it any other way though, I love capturing memories on camera.

10) Don't over-think things; Be happy; Laugh until I cry on more than one occasion; Let life take it's course; Feel loved; Live
Every year I tell myself exactly that. I feel to a certain degree I am happier than I have been in the past, but there is always room for improvement. I have learned to appreciate what I'm given more, and make the best of what life provides me with, but I feel like I am missing that little extra push. I need to be more confident and as selfish as it sounds, care about ME a little bit more. This is going to be a tough thing to accomplish, but I'm sure in the years to come, I'll get a hang of it.

I'll be posting my 2011 goals soon enough.
Until then, Happy New Year everyone. May this year bring you life, love and laughter xo

No comments: