Friday, February 19, 2010

it's heartbreak warfare

Even a couple of days after the concert, I still can't get over how much fun I had on Wednesday night. I had seen John Mayer live a couple of years ago but this show exceeded that one by a landslide.

From the moment that the first note of Heartbreak Warfare played, I was in complete awe. I have to admit, my inner fan girl did show quite a bit through out the night, as Selina and I sang through every single song that he played. (We even managed to make it on the big screen during the show hahaha, yep, we were famous)

Not only is in an incredible musician and nice to look at, he had the crowd laughing in between songs too with his witty humor and inspiring words:

"On the count of 3, everybody run back to your fantasy. That whole idea is saying: everybody does what they really wanna do and nobody will look at the other person and start judging them cause everybody's gonna be doing what they really wanna do. So, we all sing along and everybody's got their eyes closed and no one looks silly cause no one's looking! Lets see how loud we can get the aggregate voice of this room to be. And lets sing to and from our hearts. Lets sing to the capabilities of our hearts, no matter how much we are using it currently. And lets sing in hopes that we have greater capabilities; that we hold a 51% share-hold of these hearts. Oh oh oh oooowoooo..." -John Mayer

I managed to get incredible seats, so taking pictures and video through out the show was a must! Here are a couple that I took through out the night:





He sang most of my favorite songs: Heartbreak Warfare, Edge of Desire, Bigger Than My Body, Perfectly Lonely, Clarity, etc. The only disappointment was that he didn't sing Your Body is A Wonderland, then again, I couldn't expect for every song to be played either.

It's amazing how spending the night with one of your best friends, while listening to good music can make life that much better. After a hard couple of weeks of studying and exams, I couldn't have been in a happier place.

I have his music constantly running through my head now... I can't wait until he comes back to Montreal again. <3

No comments: