Thursday, May 12, 2011

Health Shock

You know that you've been eating badly, and not moving enough lately when in one week you lose 7.6 lbs!

No diets, no detox concoctions, no cheating. Just me and doing the right thing.

I spent the whole week writing everything I ate down and keeping track of the calories. At first, it was tedious and annoying to constantly have to refer back to my Excel spread sheet, tabulating how many calories I ate for something as insignificant as an apple, but I got used to it and it became a routine for me. I would stay within the 1375 calories that I allowed myself for the day, and I would often be under that amount too. It's not a good thing to not be at 100% everyday, but at least I haven't gone over either. I even got to indulge in a frozen yogurt at Yeh! this week, which proves that you can treat yourself but still keep a healthy mindset. I have also been keeping track of my water intake, making sure that I am drinking at least 8 glasses (2 litres) of water per day. Being a water-holic, this is easy, and I am averaging about 2.5-3L everyday.

In addition to counting calories, I have been exercising. My gym membership has expired and I don't have the money lately to invest in a new membership. So, I have been finding ways to still get the exercise that I need without spending the money. I have Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD, and man does that give you a work out! Also, I have been going for runs every day. With the help of www.mapmyrun.com, I have been able to keep track of my daily workouts and the distance that goes along with each one. It's tough, but I know that it'll get easier.

I also just want to mention that this season of the Biggest Loser is coming to an end with one episode left before the finale. I've mentioned it so many times, but this show is so inspiring. It's amazing to see the transformations that these contestants go through, not just physically but mentally as well.
Here is a picture of my favorite contestant this season! I can't get over how amazing she looks. Wow.

No comments: