Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Little Life Update

I feel like I haven't written about anything meaningful in a little while, so here goes nothing...

The first three weeks of school have gone by like nothing, already I can see that this semester is going to fly by just like the first. I'm in week four, and the feeling of stress and pressure is starting to reappear- joy. I'm not having as much fun as last semester, but it's good to have some classes with some of my buddies. The classes that I am taking are pretty dry (Macroeconomics, Financial Accounting, Business Statistics and Marketing Management (I love this class!)) so having a couple of familiar faces in my classes definitely makes them more entertaining.

Despite my intense work load at school, I have been finding more time to read lately. I didn't pick up a book through out the whole winter break, but now I can't go a day without reading. I've finished two books in the last couple of weeks: The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult (This woman has yet to disappoint me; She's such an amazing author) and Push by Sapphire (This has probably got to be the most graphic/inspiring book that I have ever read. I don't know if I have the guts to see the movie because of the subject matter but I'm sure that I'll get around it eventually.
I saw The Lovely Bones movie on Friday, and once again I can say that the book is better than the movie. They incorporated a lot of interesting concepts from the novel, and created a likeable film but it cannot compare to the work that Alice Sebold originally created. Overall, I liked the movie (I didn't have high expectations for it in the first place) but the book was a lot better. The highlight of that night, by far, was seeing Melissa. It's rare that we get to hang out just the two of us, but I appreciate every moment that we do. <3

Just briefly, I'm continuing to be successful with my weight loss. I have never done this before- made a promise and stuck to it. Well I have, but just not for me. I'm still working hard at it, although my weight loss hasn't been as tremendous like the first week, but I am continuing to lose a healthy amount this week. I bought a couple of exercise DVDs too this week, so once I incorporate that into my 3 times a week routine at the gym, I'm sure the results will increase. As long as I keep healthy, I'm happy... c'est tout. It's nice to have a friend that's also going through the same thing that I am... Keep up the good work ma belle, Katlynne! <3

I think I have a problem. My need to travel has taken over my brain! Every time that I get a chance to be on the computer for leisure, I always find myself going to itravel's website and I am constantly looking for a good deal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will somehow manage to get away for my week off during the study break, but I don't think it'll end up happening.

I finally got my radio fixed in my car. It hasn't been working for OVER a month, and I have been going crazy. I've been traveling around with mini iPod speakers and my iPod, so to hear music come from my speakers this morning was a magical experience hahaha

Anyway, my breakfast is ready and then off to the gym I go before work. Have a good day mes amis!

No comments: