Saturday, August 29, 2009

And today, I left my imprint on the couch...

How often do I get Saturdays off work? Never.
I spent the whole day doing nothing.
Doing nothing means my brain doing a lot... which brings me to a vicious circle of thinking.

Right before I wrote this blog I was thinking about trends (fashion, music, toys, etc.) and how they go out of style. Last year's fashion trends and everyday interests are most likely not "hip" today and the hype tends to disappear when something better comes along. Can we say the same about people? I sometimes feel like I have outdated myself, and people are finding me boring... maybe that's why I am doing nothing on a Saturday night?

As I mentioned in the title of this blog, I have left my body imprint on the couch today. I was watching Deal or No Deal earlier- a show that angers me but I secretly enjoy when it gets intense. The show requires no skill, just fate; an inevitably determined event; a gamble between the riches. You leave with a briefcase full of money or not. Call it luck, fate, destiny, chance, I don't know. What I do know though is that good things happen to good people, and if you deserve to live prosperous, it'll happen...and I'm not talking about money. Life is more luxurious than that.

No comments: