Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wake Up Call

No matter how you look at it, getting a call from the clinic with your blood test results is never fun... especially when the person on the other line is giving you a list of reasons why you're extremely unhealthy.

Now that the shock has subsided and I am feeling less depressed, I've switched into an optimistic mindset. I have three months to get better before I go for another blood test, and I AM going to change those results. How many times have I said that I am going to eat better and exercise? A million? I feel ridiculous saying it again, but this time I have a purpose. It's one thing to be overweight but another when you're overweight and unhealthy.

To get things started, I'm doing a two week challenge where I am going to write down everything that I eat and count calories. I am keeping track of everything so I know how much my body should be eating versus how much I want to eat. I also jotted down my current weight and I'll see how much that number drops two weeks from now.

Another thing I am going to start doing is walking to work when it's nice out in addition to any other exercise I decide to include in my routine this summer.

It's amazing how we need food every day to live but the nourishment can destroy us if not practiced in a healthy manner.

No comments: