Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Remember when?

As I lay down in my bed watching Aladdin- the movie that played countless times through out my childhood- I couldn't help but think about the past. It amazes me how our innocence and naivety vanishes as we grown from children to adults in both the physical and mental manner.

We go from worrying if our sandcastles are built perfectly to stressing about jobs and money. What happened to the times when were were able to just run around worry-free? I used to go to bed at night as a child, excited to wake up the next morning because I knew that I had a fun day ahead of me. Lately I find myself staring at the ceiling for hours at times, trying to clear my head.

My body is numb.
My chest is heavy
My head is consumed with thoughts that are excessively jumbled and incoherent
& I lie awake until the wee-hours of the morning.

I remember the times when my imagination ran wild. When the summer sun kissed my cheeks. When I felt free in the wind. I was innocent. I was a kid.

Obviously I am not living in a Peter Pan world, and I can't keep that mentality forever- we all get older at some point. I just wish sometimes, that I could go back to a time where I was genuinely happy and where my thoughts embraced the simplicity of life. Until then, I will make do with what I have and cherish the life that I have been provided with. After all, life is a beautiful thing.

No comments: